This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Penrhiw, St Davids, Pembrokeshire SA62 6PG
Penrhiw is located in Britain’s smallest city, St Davids, Pembrokeshire. It offers eight ensuite bedrooms; one king double bedroom with ensuite shower, three super king double bedrooms with ensuite shower, three king bedrooms with ensuite shower and bath and one ground floor bedroom suite, compromising of a super king twin or double bed, lounge with double sofa bed and an ensuite shower and bath.
Penrhiw is an elegant stone-built former priory dating from the 18th century. It has been recently refurbished and whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests there are some period features of the house which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility. We are located within a 5 minute walk of St Davids City and the historic St Davids Cathedral and a twenty minute walk to Whitesands Beach and the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park coast path.
We are located within the city of St Davids, on Pen Rhiw road. For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the Contact Us & Location page of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by public transport using www.traveline-cymru.info, or by car, using http://www.theaa.com/route-planner. Simply enter your post code and ours, which is SA62 6PG to get your travel options or directions.
- The nearest airport to Penrhiw Hotel is Cardiff Airport, 114 miles away.
- The nearest railway station is the town of Haverfordwest, 16 miles from St Davids. Trains from Haverfordwest connect with services at Swansea.
- Taxis are usually available at Haverfordwest train station but we can book one for you in advance if required.
- The nearest bus stop for the 411 St Davids to Haverfordwest or 413 St Davids to Fishguard services (operated by Richards Bros) are located on New Street in St Davids, approximately 800m from Penrhiw Hotel. Both services operate between Monday and Saturday from approximately 07.30am to 7.00pm, visit www.richardsbros.co.uk for the latest timetables. There are also coastal bus services which operate from April to September each year, visit www.pembrokeshire.gov.uk and search for bus timetables for the latest information.
- The nearest shops are approximately 700m away via a country road with a slight hill.
- As Penrhiw Hotel is a hypoallergenic venue, we do not accept dogs, and for the comfort of our guests, we do not allow dogs to be left in the car park overnight, we do of course welcome assistance dogs.
Car Parking and Arrival
- Penrhiw Hotel has a gated entrance which leads onto a tarmacked driveway. If the gates are closed, they can be opened by pressing the ‘open’ button on the post located just outside the entrance, on the right hand side. If you require assistance to gain entry, please press the ‘call’ button.
- The car park is located directly outside of the hotel and set in the private grounds of the property.
- Access to our property is gained from the tarmacked car park through the main entrance, which leads into the porch and then into the tiled hallway and reception/welcome area.
- This outside area is well lit at night.
- There are two steps into the external porch, the first is 4cm high and 171cm wide, the second is 12cm high and 115cm wide.
- There is one step 12cm high and 115cm wide and a traditional heavy wooden door which is 114cm wide and opens into a carpeted porch area. If you need assistance with the door, please ring the doorbell.
- There is a second door 88cm wide which opens into the wooden hallway, with a central carpet running the length of the corridor. To the right of stairs there is a desk with a bell on it, which you can use to alert one of our team members to your arrival, should they not already be present.
- The area is well lit with overhead lighting.
- Assistance can be given with luggage.
- Six of our guest rooms are located within the main house and are accessed by means of stairs.
- Four rooms are located on the first floor. There are 10 steps, 16cm high and 96.5cm wide to the first stair landing, then one step 16cm high and 96.5cm wide to the second stair landing then 10 steps 16cm high and 96.5cm wide to the first floor. There is a hand rail on one side.
- Two bedrooms are located on the second floor. There are 10 steps, 16cm high and 96.5cm wide to the first stair landing, then one step 16cm high and 96.5cm wide to the second stair landing then 10 steps 16cm high and 96.5cm wide to the first floor. There is a hand rail on one side.
- Two of our guest bedrooms (Meadow Suite and Court) are located within the Coach House, which is a separate building set in the grounds of the property. The entrance to the Coach House is 20 metres from the entrance of the main house and to reach it you will be required to cross 5 metres of tarmacked car park and 20 metres of paved walkway. There is one step into the Coach House ground floor suite which is 20cm high and 87cm wide. To reach the upper bedroom there are 10 steps, 16cm high and 96.5cm wide to the first stair landing, then one step 16cm high and 96.5cm wide to the second stair landing then 4 steps 16cm high and 96.5cm wide to the first floor. There is a hand rail on one side.
- Bedroom Ravens and Moorland and Court have a king bed, 58 cm high, with access from both sides and an ensuite bathroom with separate fixed head shower cubicle with a 64cm entry gap and a step of 20cm. The toilet is 43cm in height.
- Bedrooms Garden and Treetops have super king bed, 58 cm high, with access from both sides and an en-suite bathroom with separate fixed head shower cubicle with a 64cm entry gap and a step of 20cm. The toilet is 43cm in height.
- Bedroom Valley has a king bed, 58 cm high, with access from both sides, with an ensuite bathroom with separate fixed head shower cubicle with a 64cm entry gap and a step of 20cm and separate free standing bath 60cm high. The toilet is 43cm in height.
- Bedroom Mountain and Meadow Suite each have a super king bed, 58 cm high, with access from both sides, with an en-suite bathroom with separate fixed head shower cubicle with a 64cm entry gap and a step of 20cm and separate free standing bath 60cm high. The toilet is 43cm in height. The Coach House Suite also has a double sofa bed with access from both sides.
- Your bed combines the highest quality Sealy mattress with luxuriant, hypo allergenic Comforel topper, pillows and duvet and 300 thread linens.
- There is seating, bedside tables, bedside lamps, a wardrobe and desk provided in each room.
- Flat screen Sky TV/DVD with subtitles available.
- All public areas, hall, stairs, and landings are well lit using a combination of floor, ceiling and table lamps.
- The hallway is wooden flooring.
- The dining, drawing room, study and lounge are situated off the hallway on the ground floor and the entrance to each is 87cm wide. There is a raised threshold at each entrance of 1-2cm high.
- There is one toilet on the ground floor which leads off from the hallway and is accessed via one door of 84cm wide door and a second door of 89cm wide. Both doorways have a raised threshold of 1-2cm high. The toilet is 40cm in height.
- The stairs are wooden with a leather runner fixed in place.
- The house is fully centrally heated throughout, temperatures can be adjusted via radiator in each room to suit individual requirements.
- There are automatic audible smoke alarms in the main and upper halls, bedrooms, reception areas and kitchen.
- Each room has a wooden floor and large windows allowing plenty of natural light, supplemented by adjustable overhead lights and floor lamps.
- In the dining and drawing rooms there is seating for 16 people at solid wood tables with fabric covered chairs. There is a coordinating wood cabinet with marble top where guests can help themselves to cereal, fruits, yoghurts, juices and toast. Assistance can be provided on request.
- There is a fridge, stocking the items of the honesty bar.
- In the lounge and drawing room there is a carpet covering 50% of the floor.
- For all guests there is a small paved area to the rear of the main house, which leads onto a landscaped garden via 5 steps 18cm high and 145cm wide. There are picnic benches, sun loungers and tables and chairs for guests use.
- For guests staying in the ground floor Coach House Suite, there is a paved patio area at the rear of the building which leads onto a landscaped garden.
- There are ‘In Case of Fire’ instructions located in the guest manual, which is kept in the desk drawer in each bedroom. This is explained to each guest on arrival.
- There is an information folder for each of the bedrooms with maps giving information on NHS facilities, local restaurants/pubs, travel, theatres and local golf facilities.
- We have a mud room located on the ground floor at the rear of the property for guests returning form the beach or coast path who would like to wash their boots. There is one step of 14cm high and 105cm wide into the room.
- Wi-Fi facilities are also available throughout the property
- We are happy to cater for special diets or particular likes or dislikes. Please advise us of your dietary requirements.
- We can refrigerate prescription medication and additionally store any perishable food in our fridge for a limited period.
- Mobile phone reception at Penrhiw Hotel generally good.
Address: Penrhiw Hotel, St Davids Pembrokeshire. SA62 6PG
Telephone: +44 (0)1437 725 588
Hours of Operation: 9.00am to 7.00pm
Taxis: Tony’s Taxis +44 (0)1437 720 931 / Frank’s +44 (0)1437 721 731 /Morgan’s Taxis +44 (0)7788 292 976
Local Public Transport: Richards Bros www.richardsbros.co.uk, Pembrokeshire County Council Coastal Bus Service www.pembrokeshire.gov.uk (search for bus timetables), general enquiries www.traveline.info.
We look forward to welcoming you to Penrhiw Hotel. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone +44 (0)1437 725 588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.